Check me out on YouTube!
Projects & Blogs to date:
- dsPICduino (6/11/2016)
Open source project that utilizes Microchip’s dsPIC microcontroller and the ESP8266 WiFi module.
- Bandpass Filter Design using Geffe’s Algorithm (5/14/2016)
A python script that will automatically design bandpass filters for you.
- Chemistry Stir Plate (1/1/2016)
The restoration of a 30 year old stir plate. A microcontroller was added to provide a user interface, thermocouple, and motor control features.
- Heterogeneous Computing (12/19/2015)
A write up inspired by Xilinx’s ZYNQ 7000 SoC.
- AC Power Monitor (11/16/2015)
A project involving a power monitor capable of monitoring single phase AC voltage, current, real/reactive/apparent power, phase angle, and power factor.
- Teeter Totter Pt. 2 (Control) (10/25/2015)
Implementing open loop control, a lead compensator, and a combination of feed-forward/feed-back control on the teeter totter.
- Teeter Totter Pt. 1 (Construction) (10/16/2015)
Constructing, modeling, and controlling a teeter totter.
- Sampling Continuous Signals (9/24/2015)
A paper I wrote for my communication systems class briefly discussing the theory behind sampling continuous signals.
- SMD Soldering 101 (8/25/2015)
Some tips and techniques for SMD soldering… video, pictures, and GIFs included!
- Automate Your Test Bench (8/24/2015)
An overview of how you can automate your test bench and why you should do it.
I am an electrical engineer and electronics enthusiast who loves to tinker and hack away at whatever catches my interest. I’ve created this website to serve as a platform where I can document and share some of my projects.
Much of what you will find here will involve some combination of embedded systems, analog signal conditioning, digital signal processing, control systems, and automated testing.